Go back a few years now, when Guitars4You were a major stockist for new Fender Custom Shop models – Within my stock, back then, of around 70 Strats, I’d make space for two different 56 NOS Strats, with a classic fiesta red finish – Both very much akin to the popular Hank Marvin model – One was the vintage spec’d model, so very much as per the Strat Hank played back in the late 50’s – The other was vintage influenced, but with modern tweaks, so very much more in line with the fiesta red Strat that Hank plays today – This used Fender Custom Shop 56 NOS Strat, from 2013, with a new shiny gloss finish, is the latter ‘modern’ version – Hence key details are :-
- AA grade birds eye maple neck with light honey tint + satin’ played in finish on the rear of the neck
- 22 medium jumbo frets
- 9.5″ fingerboard radius
- Slightly wider 43mm nut width – hence 1 11/16″ not the traditional 1 5/8″ – A feature that is now more common on many ‘modern’ Strats and also popular with boutique builders like Tom Anderson
- Modern V neck profile – measures .850″ to .890″
- Bi-flex truss rod – hence adjustment at the top nut end
- Gold plated hardware
- Sperzel locking tuners
- Vintage trem 5 way switch
- Master volume + tone neck + tone middle/bridge
- Deluxe vintage tweed case, certificate + a copy of the Traveler spec sheet
Additional details are :-
- Alder body
- Shiny nitro gloss fiesta red finish
- Whole guitar weighs 7lbs and 6oz
- Originally spec’d with a set of Fender Noiseless pick-ups – hank today is often seen using Kinsman Noiseless pick-ups on his Strat – With that in mind this Strat has now been fitted with a set of Kinsman Noiseless Impersonator V2 54 pick-ups – essentially vintage pick-ups without the hum
Feel/playability :- The modern V neck profile is more on the slim side than medium depth – Not skinny, but easy to handle – AA grade birds eye maple neck and fingerboard adds a touch of glamour, as does the light honey tint – Modern features enhance the playing performance thanks to a satin ‘played in’ finish on the rear of the neck, for a smooth silky feel – So none of that sticky drag that you often find with a new shiny gloss finish – Now spec’d with 22 medium jumbo frets along with a 9.5″ fingerboard radius that allows for a slick and fluid playing action, that responds to a light touch – String bending is smooth and effortless, to allow you to dig in and rip into a few big blues bends, with no choking out – So overall a comfortable and slick playing performance – Set up with a set of 10’s and the vintage trem left ‘floating’ so both up and down pitch are possible – I can adjust as required – I know some Hank customers like to utilise 11’s, some even with a wound 3rd and even a few with half wound or flat wounds, so let me know which works for you and I will adjust the set-up accordingly
Tonal character :- Take the classic voice of a mid 50’s Strat, but take away the single coil hum and effectively that is what this Strat delivers with its ‘upgraded’ Kinsman Pick-ups – Crisp, smooth, rich and warm – Full lows and sparkling highs with transparent mids – Very melodic voice across all 5 switch settings with the neck pick-up delivering a lush angelic tone, whilst the bridge pick-up is crisp and clear without sounding thin – The two out of phase settings on position 2 and 4 are instantly infectious – Play chords and the articulation easily allows you to pick out each note, no matter if you play a full power chord or arpeggio style – Caress each single note or attack it for more snap and attack and this Strat is loaded with emotion which allows you to fully express yourself
EXPRESS MAIL ORDER - click here for card payment & additional delivery info
For additional product info, to arrange a showroom visit + viewing, or indeed any other questions, then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Call: 01335 345777 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that showrooms visits are strictly by appointment only.
Please read below
Guitars4You is not another corporate high street guitar store - My selection of premium grade guitars is about quality not quantity. Every guitar has been selected, inspected and approved by me, with particular attention to the set-up and playing performance. Every sale, phone call, email and mail order transaction is handled by me. A journey that is now over 40 years old, has fuelled my knowledge, experience, love, devotion and passion for exceptionally fine guitars.