In the 50’s Gretsch introduced us to the White Penguin and indeed the White Falcon – So was this the response from Gibson ? – With more binding, gold hardware, more pearl, plus an extra pick-up, the SG Custom with a polaris white finish, certainly appears to be loaded with more extra trimmings – Hendrix was a well known user, with such a model from the mid late 60’s, Santana has been linked to an early 60’s model, whilst Sister Rosetta could be found strutting her stuff with an early 60’s model – Indeed Keith Richards was sometimes found playing a 63 model during the 1970s – Over the years the Gibson Custom Shop team have released various replicas of such a guitar, with the sideways vibrola, the Maestro vibrola, stop tail, the Hendrix replica , the Sister Rosetta replica, along with various anniversary models, including only a year or so ago,the 60th Anniversary model – Today I can offer for sale a used Gibson Les Paul SG Custom 61 VOS Reissue with a cool aged polaris white finish – I have to admit I’m not sure if Gibson refer to this finish on such a replica as polaris white, aged vintage white, classic white, antique white – Either way I’m sure you get the jist – So let me update you, in no particular order, with a host of info regarding this ’61’ SG Custom :-
- Whole guitar weighs 8lbs and 5oz
- 0 7 **** inked serial number
- Historic Collection Custom Shop era No paper certificate – lost sometime in the past – But includes the Gold Warranty flyer that indicates the VOS finish + 2007 date + confirms the serial number + includes various tags
- Includes the black ‘Custom’ shaped case
- LP Custom engraved truss rod cover + ditto for the slim plate between the end of the fingerboard + neck humbucker
- Reflector knobs
- Orange drop tone caps
- Classic 57 humbuckers with the usual N + M/B + B pick-up combinations from the 3 way selector switch
- C neck profile with just enough meat to it to stop it feeling slim – Measures .836″ around the top nut end and .925″ around the 12th fret
- Ebony fingerboard – nice and black with short/tight fine grain
- Vintage gold hardware all lightly aged/tarnished accordingly inc ABR bridge, aluminium tailpiece + Kluson Deluxe machine heads with tulip buttons
- Re-strung with 10-46 gauge strings + set-up with a sensible easy action that responds to a light touch
Condition :- When you get a guitar that is now around 14 years old, but left the factory with a ‘lightly aged’ VOS finish, then it is hard to establish what is factory wear/tear and what might be ‘natural’ wear ‘n’ tear – The white nitro gloss finish has just enough character fade to it with early hints of the yellow/cream vibe so it doesn’t look ‘pure’ – Any additional surface light graze only adds to the VOS character – Certainly nothing in the way of a ding/dint that stands out as nasty and any signs of natural wear ‘n’ tear is subtle – The same comments apply to the tarnish/wear of the gold hardware – No fret wear – So essential a clean guitar with no issues but some ‘played in’ character that will allow you to play this delightful SG and not give it the kids glove treatment
EXPRESS MAIL ORDER - click here for card payment & additional delivery info
For additional product info, to arrange a showroom visit + viewing, or indeed any other questions, then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Call: 01335 345777 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that showrooms visits are strictly by appointment only.
Please read below
Guitars4You is not another corporate high street guitar store - My selection of premium grade guitars is about quality not quantity. Every guitar has been selected, inspected and approved by me, with particular attention to the set-up and playing performance. Every sale, phone call, email and mail order transaction is handled by me. A journey that is now over 40 years old, has fuelled my knowledge, experience, love, devotion and passion for exceptionally fine guitars.