Does this PRS Singlecut SC250 Artist Pack wet your appetite ? – Its aesthetic qualities alone are certainly enticing, yet the plus point of any PRS Guitar is the attention to detail, the build quality and the playing experience – So let me update you with a host of details :-
- Despite this PRS SC250 Artist Pack model having a 2013 serial number, it is a new guitar – Never been sold and for some reason has been lurking at the back of a store room until now – So maybe fair to say it is new old stock, but certainly not ex-demo – As such it is in pristine condition – It has paid a visit to my work bench for a new set of 10-46 gauge strings, along with a check-up/set-up
- Complete with the deluxe Artist pack case, with stitched leather ends, along with the appropriate swing tag Listed as a custom colour – It is actually black cherry, but with ‘wrap over’ back/sides – hence it doesn’t have the traditional natural maple edged body binding – A lush and stylish character
- Artist pack features :- includes a premium grade maple top – Hybrid blend gold/nickel hardware – Gaboon Ebony fingerboard that is slick, smooth and black
- Whole guitar weighs 8lbs and 14oz
- Pattern Thin neck profile – measures .812″ around the top nut end and .928″ around the 12th fret
- Phase 111 PRS locking tuners
- PRS signed control scratch plate
- PRS 59/09 humbuckers – neck measures 8.28K – bridge measures 9.12K
- Traditional wiring loom/switch arrangement – No treble bleed caps on the volume pots
Tone is provided by a pair of PRS 59/09 humbuckers, controlled in the traditional way via a 3 way toggle switch along with a volume and tone pot for each pick-up – The neck pick-up possesses excellent articulation, whilst it still retains its velvet smooth vintage based qualities, so ideal when you wish to drop into the more sultry classic rock blues styles of Moore and Bonamassa – As such the SC250 is not just a modern rock beast – Maybe you weren’t expecting the SC250 to be capable of performing in a chilled out jazz/blues environment, but that neck pick-up can purrrrr with the best of them – The bridge pickup, on a guitar like this, will probably end up doing the lions share of the hard work in a modern rock combo – Maybe it is a fine line between a brutal shin kicker and a controlled party animal that has been held back on a leash – The tone from the bridge pick-up is big, with full tight lows, plus clear highs with just enough punch in the mid range region to add some beef – Coupled with excellent articulation, the string separation is clearly noticeable on chords and arpeggios, even when you wish to add shed loads of overdrive on your amp
Try a few drop tunings and thanks to the tighter 25″ scale length, the guitar still delivers the goods perfectly, with no hint of sloppiness on the thicker strings – From bone crunching riffs to scorching lead work the SC250 is an ideal guitar for the modern rock based guitarist – However with the variation of tone on modern amps, coupled with big variations on gain levels etc, the SC250 can deliver more traditional vintage tones if required, so do not think of it as a one trick pony for the modern guitar player – Both volume pots have a smooth taper that allows you to set up the amp with some overdrive, then adjust the guitars volume pots for a full on approach, or a softer more chilled out option, with less gain, yet still preserve the guitars full expressive qualities – As such you and the guitar are in total control of all the emotion, soul and expression that it can deliver
The guitar has been re-strung with 10’s and set-up with a very fluid playing action throughout the length of the 22 fret fingerboard – The mahogany neck has the pattern thin profile, which instantly feels comfortable in the palm of your hand, yet still with enough girth to give substance and aide tone and stability, but not to the extent that it will impede your playing- With a chunky set of frets, that are correctly profiled and polished to perfection, then string bending is effortless, even with a set of 10’s, whilst a slick action is part and parcel of any PRS Guitar – The playing experience of such a PRS Guitar is a pleasure to behold
EXPRESS MAIL ORDER - click here for card payment & additional delivery info
For additional product info, to arrange a showroom visit + viewing, or indeed any other questions, then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Call: 01335 345777 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that showrooms visits are strictly by appointment only.
Please read below
Guitars4You is not another corporate high street guitar store - My selection of premium grade guitars is about quality not quantity. Every guitar has been selected, inspected and approved by me, with particular attention to the set-up and playing performance. Every sale, phone call, email and mail order transaction is handled by me. A journey that is now over 40 years old, has fuelled my knowledge, experience, love, devotion and passion for exceptionally fine guitars.