How about this for an exceptionally clean 2007 PRS Singlecut Trem Artist Pack with a lush, satin, nitro blue matteo finish – Let’s look at some of its key attributes
- 1) Brazilian Rosewood – Whilst the Artist Pack option was available on many PRS models for a number of years, it was only around the 2006/07 period that Brazilian Rosewood was included as part of the Artist Pack upgrade – So this model has the Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard, headstock facia and truss rod cover – This is supported by the letter B on the products ‘modcat’ code, which is shown on the ‘eagle tag’ as well as in the pick-up cavity – Further endorsed by PRS Guitars UK on their data base
- 2) Highly figured ‘artist pack’ graded curly maple top – This top certainly comes close to matching the exotic Private Stock graded maple tops found on 8 grand models
- 3) The PRS Playing experience – maybe we now take this for granted, but these guitars are so effortless to play
- 4) It’s just a blooming’ good guitar – re-strung and set-up by Guitars4You with a set of 10-46 gauge strings and an easy slick action
- 5) Artist Pack upgrades include Paua shell inlays – a very vibrant colourful shell, almost 3 dimensional – Utilised on the bird inlays, as well as the PRS signature inlay on the headstock facia – Gold hardware on the Artist Pack models
Additional info :-
- Weighs 7lbs and 14oz
- Wide/fat neck profile – measures .884″ at the top nut end and .924″ around the 12th fret
- PRS #6 humbuckers – neck measures 7.52K – bridge measures 11.26K – No treble bleed cap on the volume pot
- Push/Pull coil tap option on the tone pot
After that we start to see more regular features for the Singlecut Trem model – One piece mahogany body with a one piece mahogany neck – The wide/fat profile was the only option on this model, but whilst that phrase might imply a chunky neck, please forget those preconceived thoughts – Sure it has some meat to it, so you feel like you are holding something of substance in your hand, but fat it ain’t – It’s the ideal blend of girth and comfort, with less of the cumbersome feel that you find on many LP’s – More importantly the whole blend and balance from the neck, fingerboard and jumbo frets, offers you that slick playing experience, hence a fluid and easy playing action that allows for those intricate licks to be played so fluently – This playing experience, coupled with a meticulous build quality, the finest tone woods, not forgetting the delicious figured maple tops, are major factors that makes a PRS so desirable – This is supported by PRS designed hardware with a set of 14:1 ratio locking tuners, plus a modern fulcrum tremelo assembly, that features a solid brass trem block, + solid brass saddles – The trem package not only feels smooth and responsive, but helps to provide you with trouble free tuning stability for all but the most aggressive of playing styles
At the heart of the engine room you’ll find a pair of PRS #6 humbuckers – Essentially the same as the #7 pick-ups utilised on the original Singlecut model, but without the siver/nickel covers – The neck pick-up delivers the classic smooth, fat and rich tones with vintage paf qualities, coupled with excellent articulation – The bridge pick-up is wound and voiced to be a touch hotter, hence more bite and sustain, yet it still retains plenty of depth, and body, with smooth upper mids and highs and a warm musical vocabulary – To tame the ‘beast’ that is found in the bridge pick-up, then simply ‘roll back’ the volume pot down a notch or two, this will then deliver a smoother vintage tone with a softer voice – Taking it down another notch, especially on an over driven amp, and you’ll notice that it cleans up nicely for those chilled out tones – Hence you’ll find so much more emotional control over your playing, with bags of expression and emotion available to you – Further tonal variation can be found when you try the push/pull coil tap option on the tone pot, which delivers some Fender-esq single coil tones – Taking you into the land of Chic, so very useful for funky rhythm chops
Overall the condition of this Singlecut Artist Pack model is nigh on impeccable – It might be 13 years old, but looks more like 13 years old – Barely touched – The deluxe Artist Pack case is clean with only a couple of slight marks, probably as a result of storage, as it has never been gigged – Includes the appropriate eagle tag
EXPRESS MAIL ORDER - click here for card payment & additional delivery info
For additional product info, to arrange a showroom visit + viewing, or indeed any other questions, then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Call: 01335 345777 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that showrooms visits are strictly by appointment only.
Please read below
Guitars4You is not another corporate high street guitar store - My selection of premium grade guitars is about quality not quantity. Every guitar has been selected, inspected and approved by me, with particular attention to the set-up and playing performance. Every sale, phone call, email and mail order transaction is handled by me. A journey that is now over 40 years old, has fuelled my knowledge, experience, love, devotion and passion for exceptionally fine guitars.