You can hardly say a 20 year old Les Paul is rare, yet equally you don’t come across many fine examples in guitar stores today – So let me update you with a few key details regarding this exceptionally clean Gibson Les Paul Standard, with a classic cherry sunburst nitro gloss finish – The 8 digit serial number easily allows you to pin point it as a 2000 model – It weighs 9lbs and 6oz, which is not the lightest nor the heaviest LP you’ll find, but still more than credible for an LP from this era – Overall it is in excellent condition and it is easy to see that it has not seen a lot of action – Any hint of a graze from playing is barely visible – There is a hint of natural lacquer checking around the toggle switch area that probably is not visible on the web site pics – Frets are clean and require no attention whatsoever – The original deluxe Gibson brown case is again in clean condition, with all handle + latches all in good working order, including the plastic red tag through the 3 pin lock code – Re-strung + set-up with a new set of 10/46 gauge strings and a sensible easy action
- No fret changes – No repairs – No headstock breaks etc etc
- Grover machine heads with kidney tuning buttons
- Original Gibson pick-ups with the neck measuring a paf flavoured 7.74K and the bridge somewhat hotter at 13.18K – This suggest the 490R + 498T combination – Both utilise alnico V magnets
- Original pots, switch and wiring loom
- One piece mahogany body
- The one piece mahogany neck has a comfortable C profile that measures .818″ around the top nut end and .960″ around the 12th fret – Slimmer than a 50’s neck profile – remember in 2000 only one neck size available on the LP Standard
- Frets are fine
- Smooth + even grained rosewood fingerboard
How does a Les Paul sound ? – Do I really need to tell you ? Suffice to say that as you play a few laid back licks, chords, riffs and screaming lead licks, through a clean or overdriven amp setting, you quickly notice you are playing a Les Paul – It’s musical, its fat, its warm, it can scream and bark, but it can smoother you with lush laid back qualities as well
EXPRESS MAIL ORDER - click here for card payment & additional delivery info
For additional product info, to arrange a showroom visit + viewing, or indeed any other questions, then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Call: 01335 345777 or email: email@example.com. Please note that showrooms visits are strictly by appointment only.
Please read below
Guitars4You is not another corporate high street guitar store - My selection of premium grade guitars is about quality not quantity. Every guitar has been selected, inspected and approved by me, with particular attention to the set-up and playing performance. Every sale, phone call, email and mail order transaction is handled by me. A journey that is now over 40 years old, has fuelled my knowledge, experience, love, devotion and passion for exceptionally fine guitars.