You can hardly say a 19 year old Les Paul is rare, yet equally you don’t come across many fine examples in guitar stores today – So let me update you with a few key details regarding this exceptionally clean Gibson Les Paul Standard, with a vintage sunburst nitro gloss finish – It is used with an 8 digit serial number that easily allows you to pin point it as a 2000 model – It weighs 9lbs and 15oz, which is not the lightest LP you’ll find, but on par with many similar models from the late 90’s – Overall it is in excellent condition with little in the way of any negative comments to report – Any slight grazes to the top surface of the finish are minimal – No dings or dints – The original deluxe Gibson black case is again in clean condition, with all handle + latches all in good working order – Re-strung + set-up with a new set of 10/46 gauge strings and a sensible easy action
- Other than a pair of Dunlop locking strap buttons this LP Standard is all original throughout – No fret changes – No repairs – No headstock breaks etc etc
- Grover machine heads with kidney tuning buttons
- Original Gibson pick-ups with the neck measuring a paf flavoured 7.5K and the bridge somewhat hotter at 13.23K – This suggest the 490R + 498T combination
- Original pots, switch and wiring loom
- One piece mahogany body
- The one piece mahogany neck has a comfortable C profile that measures .817″ around the top nut end and .960″ around the 12th fret – Slimmer than a 50’s neck profile – remember in 2000 only one neck size available on the LP Standard
- Frets are fine
- Smooth + even grained rosewood fingerboard
How does a Les Paul sound ? – Do I really need to tell you ? Suffice to say that as you play a few laid back licks, chords, riffs and screaming lead licks, through a clean or overdriven amp setting, you quickly notice you are playing a Les Paul – It’s musical, its fat, its warm, it can scream and bark, but it can smoother you with lush qualities as well
Please read below
Guitars4You Offers Reliability, Integrity and Expertise
Every guitar in stock at Guitars4You has been personally selected, inspected and approved by me, with particular attention paid to the set-up and playing performance – Every sale, phone call, mail order transaction or e-mail is handled my me – Mark Hopkin, the owner, Managing Director, cleaner and coffee maker (Jo, my wife helps with the coffee) – A journey, now in excess of 40 years, has fuelled my knowledge, experience, love, devotion and passion for exceptionally fine guitars – This reflects in every aspect of our business.
I have no desire to run an Amazon style 'click to buy' guitar shop, that lacks any soul or passion, or indeed to fill a showroom with a selection of dirty, shop soiled or dusty guitars that are in need of a set-up.
For our returns and cancellation policy relating to mail order sales, on the above menu bar click on shop info then select mail order.