Today I can offer for sale a clean and tidy used Patrick Eggle Berlin Pro, which I can easily date as a 1993 model – Hence a fairly early model, when the man himself was still involved with the company, prior to his departure in 1994 – Maybe such a statement doesn’t make the guitar actually any superior, but to those who form part of the Patrick Eggle fan club, it is models from this era that are desirable to own, play and collect – Sorry I’m not sure if the official burst finish is tagged as ‘tobacco burst’ or ‘vintage goldburst’ – Either way it possesses a classic character and looks mighty appetizing as it helps to enhance the highly figured maple top – I’ll let the web site pics do the talking – Note the matching headstock, as well as wrap over sides, that hide the maple edged binding
In no particular order let me update you with a host of details :-
- Includes the original green Hiscox case, with the appropriate Patrick Eggle logo – Not sure how relevant, but within the case you’ll find the original purchase invoice to the first owner Carefully tour the gloss finish and as an overview, for a guitar that is now pushing 30 years old, you’ll find it is in very good condition – I found a surface graze on the bass E side, above the humbucker, around the 21-24 fret area – Couple of minor nicks on the rim, on the rear of the body – But otherwise clean, with subtle signs of any superficial surface grazes
- The jumbo frets are clean with no signs of wear
- Re-strung and set-up with a set of 10’s, along with a slick ‘n’ easy action that responds to a light touch
- Note the BP 93 serial number info on the rear of the headstock to confirm age + model
- Whole guitar only weighs 7lbs and 7oz
- 24 fret ebony fingerboard that is dark, almost black, with a smooth and very tight grain pattern
- The fingerboard is simply embellished with dot inlays
- One piece mahogany neck with a medium depth C profile that has a mild taper as it increases from .812″ around the top nut end to .850″ around the 12th fret
- 25″ scale length
- 43mm top nut width that equates to 1 11/16″ as per many Gibson Guitars
- Sperzel locking tuners
- Wilkinson modern fulcrum trem, with the ‘locking’ option when the trem arm moves away from the ‘playing position’
- Spec’d with a pair of Seymour Duncan pick-ups – And in my opinion the best combination with the APH1N Alnico Pro 11 in the neck position and the SH11 Custom Custom in the bridge position
- 3 way switch
- Master volume + master tone with push/pull coil tap option that works on both humbuckers
A simple wiring loom controls a pair of Seymour Duncan humbuckers that provide you with a tonal palette to operate within a classic rock, blues, jazz fusion or pop territory – Maybe relevant, maybe unfair, but many have tagged a Patrick Eggle Berlin as a British PRS Custom – I can see where they are coming from – Either way the humbuckers provide a nice selection of classic tones for clean, or subtle overdriven amp settings, through to classic rock and hi-gain amp settings – The neck pick-up delivers an output that is similar to that of a PAF pick-up – Very smooth, warm and lush, yet with excellent articulation – Highs are not brittle, or sharp and as such possess a smooth ‘vocal/flute’ character – The Custom Custom retains warmth yet is wound to sing in the mold of EVH – It is not a kick dirt party animal – Put for big power chord crunch with full tight lows, or screamin solos that sing and retain warmth, the Custom Custom is an excellent pick-up – The combination from these two humbuckers is excellent – Utilise the volume pot to control the level of overdrive on the amp – As such 10 is the full on option, whilst 6-7 is a cleaner, more chilled option – So no shortage of soul and emotion at your finger tips – As and when required, the coil tap option, via the push/pull tone pot, gives you access to some funky single coil flavoured voices – Granted they won’t make such a guitar sound like SRV, Knopfler or EC on a Strat, but if you require some ‘Chic’ style funky chops half way thru’ a song, then they will function and deliver as required – Overall a very good classic guitar, that like a PRS, offers something modern compared to a traditional Les Paul
EXPRESS MAIL ORDER - click here for card payment & additional delivery info
For additional product info, to arrange a showroom visit + viewing, or indeed any other questions, then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Call: 01335 345777 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that showrooms visits are strictly by appointment only.
Please read below
Guitars4You is not another corporate high street guitar store - My selection of premium grade guitars is about quality not quantity. Every guitar has been selected, inspected and approved by me, with particular attention to the set-up and playing performance. Every sale, phone call, email and mail order transaction is handled by me. A journey that is now over 40 years old, has fuelled my knowledge, experience, love, devotion and passion for exceptionally fine guitars.