This Burns 40th Anniversary Hank Marvin guitar may well be used, but a comprehensive tour of the gloss white finish will quickly determine that it has been well cared for – It is just about spotless, so be prepared to hunt long and hard to find any hint of a graze – This is #277 of a limited run of 2004, undertaken by Barry Gibson and his small team at Burns London UK in 2004, to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the original Burns + Hank relationship
I must be honest here and say that there are a lot of Hank Marvin and Shadows fans out there, with a product knowledge of all the related guitars, amps and pedals that is far greater than mine – We are all know that Burns, Fender and Squier have released various versions of Hank related guitars over the years, so as a result, it is easy to loose track of which model was released when, how many made and their relative price points – So the bottom line is that a Hank fan will already probably know more about this guitar than I do
Additional information :-
- Whole guitar weighs 8lbs and 4oz
- The croc style deluxe case is as clean as the guitar, so again shows little signs of use
- Look inside the case and you’ll find the black leather strap which looks like it has never been used, along with the black leather tool kit, various tags/paper work, polishing cloth and appropriate certificate
- 44mm top nut width
- C neck profile that measures .839″ around the top nut end and fattens out to .957″ around the 12th fret
- Smooth + dark Indian rosewood fingerboard that is bound, but with no fret end nibs
- Re-strung and set-up with a set of 10’s
- Any additional question then please do not hesitate to contact me
Please read below
Guitars4You Offers Reliability, Integrity and Expertise
Every guitar in stock at Guitars4You has been personally selected, inspected and approved by me, with particular attention paid to the set-up and playing performance – Every sale, phone call, mail order transaction or e-mail is handled my me – Mark Hopkin, the owner, Managing Director, cleaner and coffee maker (Jo, my wife helps with the coffee) – A journey, now in excess of 40 years, has fuelled my knowledge, experience, love, devotion and passion for exceptionally fine guitars – This reflects in every aspect of our business.
I have no desire to run an Amazon style 'click to buy' guitar shop, that lacks any soul or passion, or indeed to fill a showroom with a selection of dirty, shop soiled or dusty guitars that are in need of a set-up.
For our returns and cancellation policy relating to mail order sales, on the above menu bar click on shop info then select mail order.