I don’t know about you but such commemorative replicas remind me that I’m getting old – I was born in 1959, so no shortage of guitars from this golden era to worship – in 2007 Fender decided it was the right time to pay homage to a special guitar – So welcome into stock a used Fender American Vintage Limited Edition 57 Strat, from 2007, with the classic white blonde finish and gold hardware – Yes it is a 50th anniversary model which Fender have hi-lighted with a special ’50th Anniversary 1957/2007′ engraved neck plate – The most remarkable feature of this 12 year old guitar is its condition – It practically looks brand new – You would need to be eagle eyed to find anything that resembles a blemish – The trem back plate still retains the factory cellophane cover, which includes the shop stock control number from were it was first purchased – Likewise the scratchplate still retains the factory cellophane protective cover – Even the hole for the trem arm retains the factory silver disc, so it looks like the trem arm has never been fitted – The package is complete with the vintage style tweed case, a host of factory tags, Fender strap and what appears to be an un-opened pack of accessories and various goodies – this is an extremely clean package
Additional info :-
- Whole guitar weighs 7lbs and 9oz, so obviously this is not a heavy ash body
- 57 era neck profile with a soft V character – measures .860″ around the top nut end, so sensible depth here, with only a slim additional taper to .893″ around the 12th fret
- Bone top nut
- 7.25″ fingerboard radius
- Vintage size frets
- Vintage spec’d through out including a 3 way switch, master volume pot + tone neck + tone middle
- All 3 vintage spec’d pick-ups measure around 5.60K, with staggered pole pieces with bevelled edges
- Re-strung + set-up with a set of 9.5 to 44 gauge strings – I often set-up guitar stock with 10 gauge – I find 9 gauge to slinky, but with a 7.25″ radius and vintage frets, then 10’s can be a bit stiff, so 9.5 gauge offers a touch more play for those big blues bends – It is set-up with a slinky action that responds to a light touch – Trem set slightly raised for a touch of up/down wobble/vibrato – Of course I can edit as required
- Tonal character – Not sure I even need to go there as the tone from an ash bodied Strat with a bolt-on maple neck is legendary – Yes it is spanky and responsive – Yes it can be velvet smooth and luxurious and yes it can be ‘Chic’ style funky and crisp
Please read below
Guitars4You Offers Reliability, Integrity and Expertise
Every guitar in stock at Guitars4You has been personally selected, inspected and approved by me, with particular attention paid to the set-up and playing performance – Every sale, phone call, mail order transaction or e-mail is handled my me – Mark Hopkin, the owner, Managing Director, cleaner and coffee maker (Jo, my wife helps with the coffee) – A journey, now in excess of 40 years, has fuelled my knowledge, experience, love, devotion and passion for exceptionally fine guitars – This reflects in every aspect of our business.
I have no desire to run an Amazon style 'click to buy' guitar shop, that lacks any soul or passion, or indeed to fill a showroom with a selection of dirty, shop soiled or dusty guitars that are in need of a set-up.
For our returns and cancellation policy relating to mail order sales, on the above menu bar click on shop info then select mail order.