I can now offer for sale a clean, tidy and all original Patrick Eggle Berlin Pro 24V, which we can easily date as a 1992 model – Hence a fairly early model, when the man himself was still involved with the company, prior to his departure in 1994 – Maybe such a statement doesn’t make the guitar actually any superior, but to those who form part of the Eggle fan club, it is models from this era that are more desirable to own, play and collect – Sorry I’m not sure if the official burst finish is tagged as ‘tobaccoburst’ or ‘vintage goldburst’ – Either way it has a classic character about it – Note the matching headstock, as well as wrap over sides, that hide the maple edged binding
In no particular order let me update you with a host of details :-
- Includes the original oblong Eggle case – Also within the case you’ll find an Eggle strap, as well as a host of paperwork and catalogues, along with a company ‘share issue’ letter that was available at the time, as the company were looking for investors in order to expand the business
- Tour the gloss finish carefully and you’ll quickly notice that it is in fine fettle – It is not worthy of the ‘as new’ or ‘mint condition’ tag, but any hint of a graze is minimal – The jumbo frets are clean – Re-strung and set-up with a set of 10’s, along with a slick n easy action that responds to a light touch
- Early model with no volute on the rear of the headstock – Note the BP 2 serial number info on the rear of the headstock to confirm age + model
- Whole guitar only weighs 7lbs and 6oz
- 24 fret ebony fingerboard that is dark and smooth – Simply embellished with dot inlays
- One piece mahogany neck with a medium depth C profile – measures .765″ around the top nut end and .875″ around the 12th fret
- Sperzel locking tuners
- Wilkinson Pro trem, with the ‘locking’ option when the trem arm moves away from the ‘playing position’
- Factory fitted and spec’d with Seymour Duncan pick-ups – No notes on the base of the pick-ups to fully determine which pick-ups are fitted – Neck measures 7.36K so probably a 59 model – Bridge measures a touch hotter 13.44K
- Treble bleed cap on the volume pot
- Screened pick-up + control cavity
- Master volume pot + 3 way switch + 3 way rotary pot for humbucker/split coil option , to offer funky single coil flavoured tones, as well as traditional fat humbucker voices
Please read below
Guitars4You Offers Reliability, Integrity and Expertise
Every guitar in stock at Guitars4You has been personally selected, inspected and approved by me, with particular attention paid to the set-up and playing performance – Every sale, phone call, mail order transaction or e-mail is handled my me – Mark Hopkin, the owner, Managing Director, cleaner and coffee maker (Jo, my wife helps with the coffee) – A journey, now in excess of 40 years, has fuelled my knowledge, experience, love, devotion and passion for exceptionally fine guitars – This reflects in every aspect of our business.
I have no desire to run an Amazon style 'click to buy' guitar shop, that lacks any soul or passion, or indeed to fill a showroom with a selection of dirty, shop soiled or dusty guitars that are in need of a set-up.
For our returns and cancellation policy relating to mail order sales, on the above menu bar click on shop info then select mail order.