Hard to believe this used Fender Chris Shiflett Tele Deluxe is now around 7 years old – It obviously has not been played a lot and has been well cared for – If it is not in ‘as new mint condition’ then it is damn close to earning that tag – At £629 this Tele represents outstanding value, especially when you realise that price includes a deluxe G&G deluxe Fender case, which alone is worth around £100, or so – Before I go into any additional info, then click here to visit the Fender web site, to acquire more spec/info for this Tele – You’ll also find a ‘youtube’ style video clip on this link – For any additional video clips regarding this Tele, then type Fender Chris Shiflett Tele into Google and you’ll find a host of additional postings to explore
- Priced at £629 inc deluxe case + various tags
- Re-strung + set-up with a set of 10’s and a sensible fluid action
- Whole guitar only weighs 7lbs and 12oz, so far lighter than many original 70’s models, that this signature Tele is based on
- 60’s themed C neck profile – Measures .900″ around the top nut end, so a sensible amount of girth here – Then tapers to .930″ around the 12th fret
- Custom wound high out put humbuckers – Neck measures 12.19K whilst the bridge kicks out a meaty 15.76K
- Thanks to a 12″ fingerboard radius, along with 21 medium jumbo frets, then string bending is effortless, without any choking out, even with a slick playing action
I dare say many will see such a guitar as a kick dirt rock machine – And yes it can mix it with the best of them once you add some hi-gain on to your amp/pedal set-up – Yet equally set the amp up on a clean setting it can produce some tight funky clean sounds, especially with the guitars volume pots trimmed down just a touch – It can move into the chilled out jazz lounge if required – Set up the amp with more of a subtle overdriven amp setting and it sounds great for Brit Pop style riffs and licks, hot country and blues – So certainly not a one trick pony – As an overview you’ll experience :- Tight full low – Transparent mids – Crisp highs – Full bodied tone
Please read below
Guitars4You Offers Reliability, Integrity and Expertise
Every guitar in stock at Guitars4You has been personally selected, inspected and approved by me, with particular attention paid to the set-up and playing performance – Every sale, phone call, mail order transaction or e-mail is handled my me – Mark Hopkin, the owner, Managing Director, cleaner and coffee maker (Jo, my wife helps with the coffee) – A journey, now in excess of 40 years, has fuelled my knowledge, experience, love, devotion and passion for exceptionally fine guitars – This reflects in every aspect of our business.
I have no desire to run an Amazon style 'click to buy' guitar shop, that lacks any soul or passion, or indeed to fill a showroom with a selection of dirty, shop soiled or dusty guitars that are in need of a set-up.
For our returns and cancellation policy relating to mail order sales, on the above menu bar click on shop info then select mail order.