£1099 will buy you a used Fender AVRi58 Tele reissue from 2012 with a classic 2 tone sunburst – Just in case you are not aware, AVRi stands for American Vintage Reissue – The Vintage replica models were first introduced into the Fender catalogue in the 1980’s, but the AVRi models are an update on the original series with a few more accurate period details – At this stage click here and read a very favourable review of the 58 Tele courtesy of Guitarist Magazine – Other than 2 or 3 nicks on the side/rim of the ash body the guitar is in very good condition – The previous owner (only 1 owner from new) informed me that it was purchased from a well known store in this condition with the 3 nicks, so as an ex display model he acquired it at a more favourable price – Yet today such marks are just part and parcel of a 6 year old guitar that has been played a few times – Includes the brown tolex vintage style case, a host of tags and paperwork , cable and 50′ style leather strap
Evaluation and additional info:-
- whole guitar weighs an incredible 7lbs and 5 oz
- Select ash body – it is 2 piece yet very hard to find the seam on this example
- One piece maple neck/fingerboard with rear skunk stripe – more of a full, yet not chunky C profile – measures .830″ around the top nut end and .964″ around the 12th fret – So fatter than a 60’s classic C profile, yet slimmer than the early 50’s U profile found on a black guard Tele – So effectively the girth of a ‘medium plus’ neck with a comfortable rounded C profile and less meat on the shoulders
- 7.25″ fingerboard radius plus 21 vintage frets
- Re-strung and set-up with a set of 10’s and a sensible fluid action
- Single wing string tree
- Period correct Fender vintage Tele logo with no patent pending numbers
- All vintage spec’d hardware so you’ll find a 3 saddle bridge assembly – 3 barrel steel saddles with single groove per string
- Barrel switch tip
- Flat top knurled control knobs
- Single ply 3 hole scratchplate
- Switchcraft 3 way switch
- CTS pots + vintage tone cap
- Bridge pick-up measures 6.49K and the neck pick -up measures 7K
Tone is as you’d probably expect a vintage spec’d Tele to be – The select ash body delivers a tight and full bass, with highs that are clear and crisp, with an edge that only shows more of its shrill like qualities when pushed to the extreme on overdriven amp settings – The lack of fat mids mids ensures it is transparent and loaded with twang plus articulation – The neck pick-up can take you into that soft jazz vibe, especially with the tone pot rolled of a touch – With both pick-ups on, the Tele offers that awesome combination that suits jangly 60’s pop styles so well, so just add some overdrive for a modern/indie pop voices – The bridge is all about twang, bite and edge with plenty of muscle to add girth, depth and balls – Play it through clean amp setting, or add more of a subtle overdriven amp setting and you’ll find It is certainly full of character and soul, which you can control from the guitars volume pot for more expression – So from a ‘full on’ voice , to a chilled out cleaner voice, only a tweak on the volume pot is required – Enter the world of hi-gain amp settings and the volume pot will allow you to control the level of gain required, so again full on with edge and attitude to a smoother voice as required – The Tele is now older enough to be collecting its pension, but don’t worry about that, as like a good old ‘un, it will go on for many many more years, to deliver what only a Tele can do
Please read below
Guitars4You Offers Reliability, Integrity and Expertise
Every guitar in stock at Guitars4You has been personally selected, inspected and approved by me, with particular attention paid to the set-up and playing performance – Every sale, phone call, mail order transaction or e-mail is handled my me – Mark Hopkin, the owner, Managing Director, cleaner and coffee maker (Jo, my wife helps with the coffee) – A journey, now in excess of 40 years, has fuelled my knowledge, experience, love, devotion and passion for exceptionally fine guitars – This reflects in every aspect of our business.
I have no desire to run an Amazon style 'click to buy' guitar shop, that lacks any soul or passion, or indeed to fill a showroom with a selection of dirty, shop soiled or dusty guitars that are in need of a set-up.
For our returns and cancellation policy relating to mail order sales, on the above menu bar click on shop info then select mail order.