I can now offer for sale a clean and used USA Strat at a sensible price of £849 – A 1997 Fender USA Roadhouse Strat with a classic sunburst finish, to be more precise – It includes a decent ‘vintage copy tweed case’ – Condition wise it is better than fair, without trying to acquire the mint tag – Certainly any minor blemish is on the lighter side of wear, so we are talking about superficial wear to the top surface of the gloss finish – So nothing remotely approaching nasty – Clean frets – As with all used guitars that I offer for sale, this Strat has paid a visit to my work bench to receive a new set of 10’s, along with a check-up/set-up – So a sensible fluid playing action awaits any potential buyer
Additional info + notes :-
- The Roadhouse Strat is effectively the best selling USA Strat Standard with a few tweaks courtesy of some Custom Shop extras – Mainly the tortoise shell scratchplate, + trem back plate, for a cosmetic upgrade, but the key upgrade comes in the shape of a set of Custom Shop Texas Special pick-ups – Well balanced and calibrated to measure around 6.21 k on the neck and middle pick-ups, with a few extra winding on the bridge pick-up to take it up to 7.2k, for some extra bite, attack and edge – Note reverse wound/reverse polarity middle pick-up
- Regular wiring 5 way switch, master volume pot + tone neck + tone middle
- The maple neck is the popular modern C profile with a 22 fret maple fingerboard – 22 medium jumbo frets – Measures .866″ at the top nut end and .870″ around the 12th fret, so an even feel/depth throughout the length of the neck – More of a satin finish so it captures some of that ‘played in’ character
- 2 roller string trees
- Modern 2 point fulcrum trem system – set slightly floating so you can obtain up/down pitch as required – Sensitive touch – I can adjust this set-up as required
- Schaller straplock buttons
- Upgraded with a set of Fender locking tuners, as found on the Strat Deluxe
- Whole guitar weighs 8lbs and 3oz
- In short a lot of guitar for your money
Please read below
Guitars4You Offers Reliability, Integrity and Expertise
Every guitar in stock at Guitars4You has been personally selected, inspected and approved by me, with particular attention paid to the set-up and playing performance – Every sale, phone call, mail order transaction or e-mail is handled my me – Mark Hopkin, the owner, Managing Director, cleaner and coffee maker (Jo, my wife helps with the coffee) – A journey, now in excess of 40 years, has fuelled my knowledge, experience, love, devotion and passion for exceptionally fine guitars – This reflects in every aspect of our business.
I have no desire to run an Amazon style 'click to buy' guitar shop, that lacks any soul or passion, or indeed to fill a showroom with a selection of dirty, shop soiled or dusty guitars that are in need of a set-up.
For our returns and cancellation policy relating to mail order sales, on the above menu bar click on shop info then select mail order.