Fully insured express delivery service – Generally a next working day service is available to most of the UK.
I now ship to Europe and the rest of the world via UPS – Fully insured with tracking from door to door.
Orders received before 12 noon can generally be dispatched the same day
No online shop, but I still provide a mail order service. Guitars4You is still an old fashioned, down to earth, friendly guitar store that offers a personal one to one service – Hence I do not operate an e-commerce online shop with an impersonal ‘click box’ to order – Your phone call or e-mail is personally handled by me, Mark Hopkin, the owner – I process the transaction, I give the guitar a final check over prior to dispatch, I pack and send the guitar – I feel that by you having to call me to place the order and process your credit or debit card details, we both now have a relationship that is far superior to any account number on an invoice – It allows me to offer any additional help and advice that you may require at the point of purchase, along with a contact point for any queries that you may have in the future – Hopefully this personal service will provide you with the encouragement to return another day and indeed spread the gospel according to Guitars4You amongst your guitar playing friends.
UK Phone: 01335 345777 (Monday – Saturday, 9am-7pm)
International Phone: +44 1335 345777 (Monday – Saturday, 9am-7pm)
Address: Guitars4You Ltd, 47 Compton, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, DE6 1BX.
Payment by Debit/Credit card – call 01335 345777 – at the time of order I will require the following details – card number, 3 digit security number on the reverse of the card, expiry date, issue number if applicable, name on the card, address details and telephone number.
Sorry, I do not accept PayPal, Amex and Diners Card.
For international mail order transactions, payment is possible by credit transfer from your bank account to mine – Please e-mail me for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org – Otherwise for all international mail order credit card transactions call +44 1335 345777 – I require additional information to confirm the address details that are registered with your credit card company – Therefore, please scan, then e-mail to email@example.com two forms of ID with name/address details – For example, gas bill, electric bill, phone bill, card statement, driving licence etc
Post and Packing
£15.00 for a fully insured express delivery service to the UK mainland. An additional charge maybe applicable for a Saturday service – For carriage outside the UK mainland or to Europe and the rest of the world, please contact me for a quote and time scale.
All guitars for the UK are sent fully insured via UPS – (Please note that due to the high cost of guitars I do not recommend them to be sent on a Friday for a Monday delivery, as the parcel will be left in the carrier’s warehouse over the weekend period – Saturday delivery is available at an extra cost – call for details – as such I prefer to dispatch on a Monday for Tuesday delivery).
All guitars for Europe and the rest of the world will be sent, fully insured, via UPS with door to door tracking
Cancellation and Returns Policy for Mail Order Transactions
Delivery of damaged or faulty goods – When you receive the parcel, please check the packaging. If it appears to be damaged in transit, then sign the carrier’s documents as requested by the driver and add ‘Unchecked’ after your signature. Then immediately check the guitar to see if it is damaged or not. Any guitar that is received damaged or subsequently found to be faulty, please contact me immediately so I can arrange collection and any pending insurance claim. I’ll then offer a replacement, refund or repair, subject to your requirements and arrange appropriate shipping/collection. Please note that if the goods are damaged or faulty you must inform me, by phone and e-mail, within 24 hours of you receiving the parcel so I can make a claim with both the insurance company and carriers – no exceptions
Cancellations – If you are buying a guitar from Guitars4You as a mail order transaction, then you have a 4 day ‘trial period’ to check its suitability. If the guitar does not meet your requirements, then you can cancel the order and return it for a refund, but the following conditions apply:
The term guitar as detailed below includes the appropriate case, gig bag, tags, manual, paperwork, spec sheet, registration/warranty card, accessories, documents or certificates, as applicable, including any strap, polishing cloth or cable etc
1. The guitar must be returned to Guitars4You within 4 days, commencing from the date the parcel is signed for ‘as received’ – It is the responsibility of the customer to return the guitar, including any shipping and insurance costs to Guitars4You
2. You must inform me before returning the guitar, either by phone or email – no exceptions
3. The customer has a statutory duty to take care of the guitar whilst it is in their possession. Therefore the guitar and appropriate packaging must be returned in the same condition as I sent it to you– Any loss or damage to the guitar during the ‘trial period’, and an appropriate returns fee will be applicable, or indeed the right to return the guitar maybe invalidated – The 4 day ‘trial period’ excludes the customer from rehearsing or gigging with the guitar. The ‘trial period’ enables you to evaluate the guitar within your home only.
4. The customer is responsible for the cost of shipping any returned guitar, along with any claim arising from damaged or missing guitar whilst in transit, therefore we suggest you include shipping insurance for any returns. Guitars4You will not be held responsible for any damages that might be incurred whilst in transit on the return journey. The condition of the guitar is totally the responsibility of the customer until it is received back atGuitars4You.
5. Guitars4You will refund the cost of the guitar, but will exclude any expenses whatsoever relating to the cost of shipping and transit insurance
6. The above policy only applies to guitars that are purchased mail order and subsequently sent to the customer. Customers who buy goods in the showroom can fully evaluate them prior to making the payment and as such do not have this return and refund option available to them.
Refunds can only be credited back to the card that you used to originally purchase the goods with. If payment was originally made by cash, cheque or postal order, then I will issue a cheque to the appropriate value – Refunds can only be issued once we have received back the goods, and the above criteria is met
No refunds are available on items that I do not hold in stock and as such have been ordered by the customer, specifically to meet their requirements.
If the original transaction involved a part-exchange, I reserve the right to make an appropriate charge to return your guitar back to you. In the event that I have sold the part-exchange, then the appropriate value that was agreed with the customer and shown on the sales invoice will be paid back to the customer, either by a Guitars4You cheque or by crediting the funds back to the customer’s credit/debit card.