Buy a new USA G&L and one thing I guarantee is a high depreciation value if you ever decide to sell it – Regardless of all the positive and/or negative comments you can through at a G&L, they just never acquire the recognition that they deserve – This bodes well for prospective buyers looking for a good used guitar, as the high depreciation ensures relatively low used values – Hence this used, 2000 G&L ASAT Semi Hollow T-Line ensures you get a lot of guitar for you money – Essentially Leo Fender designed the ASAT models to be a customised, hot rod versions of his traditional Tele style model – Therefore an inevitable comparison exists between the model with a big established brand name behind it and the minnows
Let me list a few key details in no particular order :-
- USA model all the way from sunny California
- Ultra light weight at only 6lbs and 4oz , thanks to the Thin-line semi acoustic nature of an ash body
- 2 piece maple neck and fingerboard with a medium jumbo set of frets – more of a played in satin feel character to the neck
- Re-strung and set-up with a set of 10’s and a slinky fluid action
- Neck has a medium depth C profile – measures .860″ around the top nut end and .945″ around the 12th fret – Very much Tele flavoured, with the same 25.5″ scale length
- 6 saddle bridge assembly with ‘locked’ saddles so no sideways movement of each saddle – hence better alignment, plus full adjustment of intonation and height for each string/saddle
- Custom wound and voiced MFD single coil pick-ups – hot Tele pick-up that captures some of a P90 vibe and character
- Includes G&L moulded fibre case
- Condition wise this is a very clean guitar – I can’t say it is in as new condition, but any signs of previous use are on the lighter side of life – Superficial surface grazes at worst, with no dings or dints, so certainly no negative issues – Frets are clean – It has visited by work bench for a new set of strings, along with a check-up and set-up, so already to go
Tonal character :- Maybe an easy description is that of a Tele on steroids – Or a Tele with the boost option turned up – That doesn’t mean it can’t be cool, chilled or laid back, as it can – But with everything on 10 it is more on the hot side – The custom wound pick-ups are still single coil, so the traditional snap, attack and clarity is present and correct – But they are wound and voiced to capture some of the character of a single coil P90 – No issues with hi-gain amp settings and certainly no microphonic squeal – Tight and crunchy from the bridge pick-up with plenty of bite – More smooth and lush from the neck pick-up – Select a chilled clean amp setting and the neck pick-up is succulent and warm with excellent articulation – The bridge pick-up is country pickin’ hot with no shortage of snap and attack – Maybe the ASAT shines at its best on more of a crunch overdriven amp setting – This allows you to control the amp from the guitar, from a softer clean voice to more gain and bite – hence plenty of subtle but effective variations, hence more soul and emotion at your fingertips – From jazz to hot country, rockabilly and swing, to punk and indie the ASAT is well deserving of a place in your collection
Please read below
Guitars4You Offers Reliability, Integrity and Expertise
Every guitar in stock at Guitars4You has been personally selected, inspected and approved by me, with particular attention paid to the set-up and playing performance – Every sale, phone call, mail order transaction or e-mail is handled my me – Mark Hopkin, the owner, Managing Director, cleaner and coffee maker (Jo, my wife helps with the coffee) – A 35 year journey has fuelled my knowledge, experience, love, devotion and passion for exceptionally fine guitars – This reflects in every aspect of our business.
I have no desire to run an Amazon style 'click to buy' guitar shop, that lacks any soul or passion, or indeed to fill a showroom with a selection of dirty, shop soiled or dusty guitars that are in need of a set-up.
For our returns and cancellation policy relating to mail order sales, on the above menu bar click on shop info then select mail order.