An exceptionally clean Fender USA Big Apple Strat currently resides in my showroom waiting to find a new home and owner – This is the original American model, from 1998 with a cool shoreline gold finish – Fender have released various formats of the best selling AM Standard Strat including the Texas Special – The idea is that you take the chassis of the best selling Strat, then add a few customised options to enhance its overall appeal – This format gave birth to the Big Apple Strat, that features a mother of pearl scratchplate, along with a cool shoreline gold finish to enhance the guitars aesthetic qualities, whilst a pair of Seymour Duncan humbuckers sit at the heart of the engine room, to provide you with some additional girth regarding the guitars overall tonal character
In no particular order let me supply you with a few additional points
- Overall the condition of this Strat is very very clean – It is hard to believe it is now pushing 20 years old as the shoreline gold finish barely shows any signs of use – Any hints of a surface graze are minimal – You’ll find the merest hint of wear on the satin finished maple fingerboard – No fret wear
- Fixed bridge assembly with string thru’ body loading as per a Tele, with 6 individual ferrules on the rear of the alder body
- Satin finished maple neck for that played in character
- Modern C profile
- 22 medium jumbo frets
- 25.25″ scale length
- 9.5″ fingerboard radius
- Off white mother of pearl scratchplate
- Seymour Duncan humbuckers – 59 PAF style in the neck position that measures 7.06K – Plus a warm but hotter Pearly Gates in the bridge position, that measures 7.80K
- 5 way switch – position 1/3/5 provide you with the 3 regular humbucking voices – position 2/4 provide you with single coil flavoured tapped options (neck split on its own and neck/bridge both split together)
- Re-strung and set up with 10’s and a sensible fluid playing action
- Includes a tweed style oblong case plus various tags
The feel of the neck will be familiar to many who have played the American Strat Standard – Modern C profile which has somewhat of a wide/slim character – The satin finish on the neck/fingerboard ensures it feels played in from day – The combination of 22 medium jumbo frets, plus a 9.5″ fingerboard radius, allows for easy string bending, along with a fluid playing action – A set of 10’s now feel slinky allowing you to rip into big bends
Tonal character :- due to the nature of a 4 bolt maple neck, plus an alder body, this Strat retains it’s traditional lively qualities, with no shortage of snap and attack – As such the Big Apple retains certain qualities of a traditional Strat, but the two Seymour Duncan humbuckers provide you with more depth, more output and an overall fatter voice – On clean amp settings the neck pick-up will allow you to delve into lush jazz flavoured chords that now sound full, smooth and clear – Whilst the bridge pick-up retains enough warmth and vintage qualities to still sound musically warm and melodic, but now with an additional ounce of bite to it, so push it hard and it sounds tight and clear with good body – Add some gain on the amp and whilst the Strat’s crisp qualities are still present, you’ll hear the fatter mids and voice of a humbucker – Overall more clarity then you’ll hear on a Les Paul, but more body than you’ll hear on a Strat – The bridge pick-up can drive those shuffle style riffs and power chords, whilst the neck pick-up provides those fat, warm BB King style laid back licks – Add more gain and this Strat sings – Screamin’ hot licks from the bridge pick-up that again provides you with girth and a warm bite that cuts through the mix – With the Strat’s controls on 10 you’ll hear more attack and the guitar almost on the edge, so simply roll off the volume and tone pot a touch for a smoother voice – Whilst the neck pick-up is warm and lush and sings for those Gary Moore Still in love with you style licks, with no shortage of sustain
Please read below
Guitars4You Offers Reliability, Integrity and Expertise
Every guitar in stock at Guitars4You has been personally selected, inspected and approved by me, with particular attention paid to the set-up and playing performance – Every sale, phone call, mail order transaction or e-mail is handled my me – Mark Hopkin, the owner, Managing Director, cleaner and coffee maker (Jo, my wife helps with the coffee) – A 35 year journey has fuelled my knowledge, experience, love, devotion and passion for exceptionally fine guitars – This reflects in every aspect of our business.
I have no desire to run an Amazon style 'click to buy' guitar shop, that lacks any soul or passion, or indeed to fill a showroom with a selection of dirty, shop soiled or dusty guitars that are in need of a set-up.
For our returns and cancellation policy relating to mail order sales, on the above menu bar click on shop info then select mail order.