As Coldplay sang ‘and they were all yellow’ – There is no mistaking the appearance of this Fender 1979 Strat with a Monaco Yellow finish – In the late 70’s Fender released a run of USA Strats with what is known as the International Colour Series – Nothing to do with Benetton, but you would not be surprised if this had indeed been the case – All colours are fairly distinctive but I’m not sure if any are more flamboyant than this Strat in Monaco Yellow
The whole guitar is original and I’ve checked it all over, so can’t find any detail to question that fact – You’ve probably already noted it a hard tail model, as such strings load through the body in a Tele style format – This just reminds me – When it came into stock the string ferrules were all missing, but I managed to acquire a new set – Many would never notice such a change as they fit neat and snugly – Hard to believe that such guitars are now pushing 40 years ago, especially when I can recall selling these models when they were brand new – Condition wise and it is more than fair – Not mint or any of the ‘as new’ tags, yet equally it is not abused – Nicks and scars to the body are on the lighter side, with nothing nasty or obtrusive, so taking into account its age, it is in more than fair condition – Frets are clean, tuners all function correctly and the same applies to the 5 way switch and control knobs – Whilst the grub screws on the bridge saddles all move freely – Re-strung and set-up with a new set of 9’s, that allow for a slick playing action with the 7.25″ fingerboard radius and vintage frets – I can set up with 10’s as required – It includes a non-original but good quality wooden case with all the usual ‘teddy bear’ lining
Additional info :-
- whole guitar weighs 8lbs and 5oz – not the lightest Strat you’ll find, but more than credible for a late 70’s period and I’ve seen many that are far heavier from this period
- All original electrics including pick-ups, 5 way switch and pots – note pots are 1978 – full screening foil below the scratchplate – Pick-ups measure 5.7K neck, 5.73K middle and a hotter 7.73K at the bridge – Usual vintage wiring regarding the tone pots
- Medium plus C neck profile – measure 930″ around the top nut end and gently fattens out to .970″ around the 12th fret
- 7.25″ fingerboard radius plus a clean set of vintage frets
- Decent body neck join
- F stamped tuners plus F stamped 3 bolt neck plate with micro tilt adjustment
Please read below
Guitars4You Offers Reliability, Integrity and Expertise
Every guitar in stock at Guitars4You has been personally selected, inspected and approved by me, with particular attention paid to the set-up and playing performance – Every sale, phone call, mail order transaction or e-mail is handled my me – Mark Hopkin, the owner, Managing Director, cleaner and coffee maker (Jo, my wife helps with the coffee) – A 35 year journey has fuelled my knowledge, experience, love, devotion and passion for exceptionally fine guitars – This reflects in every aspect of our business.
I have no desire to run an Amazon style 'click to buy' guitar shop, that lacks any soul or passion, or indeed to fill a showroom with a selection of dirty, shop soiled or dusty guitars that are in need of a set-up.
For our returns and cancellation policy relating to mail order sales, on the above menu bar click on shop info then select mail order.